So tonight I was planning to write a post where I showed you how cluttered my computer desk is, and how I correlate it to how cluttered my life is due to lack of time. I was also going to be sure to let you know how mundane my life was. Then last night I got a much-needed reminder that I have been more focused on the future than the present, and while making plans is important, I need to do what I can with what I have and where I am right now, that God does have a purpose for me right now. I even read the C.S. Lewis quote about how the road to hell is a gradual one, which was a sharp reminder of how quickly I could waste my life.
And then today He just shook things up. Nothing radical, but in small ways. It started off pleasant, with unexpected pizza at work at lunch to celebrate the upcoming birth of a baby. Then it was a power outage, which can be fun for five minutes, and then you start to worry about getting anything accomplished for the rest of the day. And then there was the commute home, which took an extra hour, which was certainly less than pleasant. It was certainly not an ordinary day, and while every other day may seem ordinary, there are probably opportunities that I am missing.
I have no resolution or answers. I probably never will. I just need to keep living life one day at a time, with my eyes on Him.
P.S. On a unrelated note, check out http://amymusings.blogspot.com/view for fun ways to view this blog (there's a drop down menu for the different views on the right hand corner)!
2 comments:
I'm not even sure what ordinary days look like anymore, although five moves in twenty months with a baby thrown in the mix will do that to you. I think the key having not-so-ordinary days is to be willing to be inconvenienced by a change of plans and to look for that change, no matter how big or small it may be.
<3
Post a Comment