Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

I had a busy Easter weekend! I had Good Friday off, so I took the opportunity to run errands and spend time with Garrett (who took a half day).

Saturday I shopped a little with Mom, and when I got home I was pleased to see that Garrett had assembled my new file cabinet we got a week ago. It was on sale at World Market, plus I had a coupon!

I'm very happy to have de-cluttered my office some thanks to this and the new flooring we have in our attic, compliments of Garrett and his dad. Yay! I also finally got rid of some old clothes and still have more to go through!

Then in the evening Garrett and I went with his parents to see Los Lonely Boys and Chicago in concert. I only knew Los Lonley Boys' song "How Far is Heaven" (which I am pretty sure I knew mostly for the cover by Salvador, though I imagine I probably heard the original too), but they sounded good live. I'm only familiar with a few Chicago songs as well and I don't love all their stuff, but they sounded fantastic live! They had nine guys on stage: a drummer, a percussionist, guitars, bass, and multiple horns. Unfortunately, about halfway through their set I suddenly felt extremely tired and it was hard to enjoy it as much, but it was still good. Here are some blurry pictures I took:

The flag made its appearance during the encore.

Saturday of course was Easter, and we made an appearance at three family functions! First was Garrett's cousins on his mom's side, where we stayed only briefly. They have a beautiful garden-like backyard that we walked around and took pictures in.

Then we made it to my aunt's for lunch, and later in the evening to Garrett's grandparents' for dinner. Before I knew it, my three day weekend was over!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!

The Father looked down to His Son and said/ Arise, my love/ Arise, my love/ The grave no longer has a hold on you/ No more death sting/ No more suffering/ Arise, my love. - NewSong, "Arise My Love"

1 comment:

Lexie said...

that cabinet looks nice! glad you had a happy easter.