Saturday, June 14, 2008

All About Weddings...

So as usual these past few weeks, I have wedding stuff on the brain. The other night I was inspired and decided to make a mock-up of the possible DIY (do-it-yourself) invitations I might be making. For the first, this was my inspiration:

And here was what I came up with:

It was all done on the computer, but where the line is there would be a ribbon. The monogram square would also be separate and put on top. The colors were off when I printed it off. Also, I would have to get someone to make the design since this image I ripped off the Internet didn't look so good stretched out, and I wouldn't want the white around it.

And then I decided to try out another style:

The ribbon on this one is my Target ribbon that I bought the other day.

Anyhow, I think the latter would be much more simple and easier to accomplish, but I have found so far that finding the right cardstock that is already the right sizes and colors is more difficult than I thought it would be. But I still have time, and I may end up deciding to do something else instead.

I also got a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine today. It was $10, but I had a Michael's coupon for 50%, which made it a much more reasonable price. It had some good ideas in there, so I'm glad I got it. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around what look I want for the wedding. There are so many awesome things I could do, but I can't do it all, I have to choose.

Right now I just have all sorts of ideas running through my mind. I'm also ready to go dress shopping! I'm really hoping I'll get to go next Friday.

Mom and I ran by Julia's Bakery today to try a sampling of their goodies, and we also talked to them about how a cake tasting appointment with them would work, so that's another thing I am looking forward to doing!

Also, Garrett is finally coming home tomorrow after being gone for a solid week; I can't wait to see him. :)

3 comments:

Lexie said...

ahh! as much as i would never want to plan a wedding for myself, i love reading about others' endeavors! your invitation templates are looking great!

do you ever watch ace of cakes on food network? wedding cakes are amaaazing!

Amy Anne said...

Julie's Bakery has some amazing tasting cakes! I like that style of invitation.

Anna said...

I like the second design the best, but I'm a pretty big follower of the phrase 'less is more'. You've really just gotta go with whatever the heck you want.

I've heard Julia's Bakery is good. I think it's funny you're already looking in to cakes; we didn't order ours until two weeks before the wedding :D Though, most places aren't as lenient, lol.