Sunday, June 29, 2008

Debrief

I can't believe June is almost over. Where has the time gone? There is still nearly two more months of summer left, but if it goes as quickly as the first half of summer has gone, then it'll be time for school before I know it. Bleh. Once summer ends, I'm going to be wishing time away until May, when I graduate and get married! Two big YAYS!

As far as life lately goes, not too much has been happening, although I did help Rachael Moore shoot a wedding Friday night and it was a great experience! It opened up my eyes to, well, how a wedding works, and it was also just a great way to test my creativity and see what I could accomplish. Even if I never have an internship or anything, I feel that God can take whatever experiences I have in life, and that someone out there will like what I have done, and a door for an opportunity will be opened. After a pep talk with my friend Chris, I'm trying to not let what people say get me down. I know having an internship can be very important. Maybe it was foolish for me to not try harder to get one this summer. I don't know. All I know is that in the past whenever I followed God, He took me to some unlikely places in some unlikely ways. I believe He is still fully capable of doing so in my life. Anyhow, I'll be putting pictures of the wedding up once everything gets edited and such. But here's a small preview...





So for more wedding talk, I plan on going to one more bridal shop sometime this week, but I have a feeling we'll be getting the dress I loved from the first shop. I'm also going to step it up a little and do some more actual booking and and putting plans into action instead of being just a bunch of talk. And I am SO EXCITED because Target changed their return policy for returning registry items, so now I can register there without worrying about the return policy! Mom and I went there earlier today to get a few things and we got distracted by various household necessities and I got so excited again thinking about the stuff we could get. I've actually already picked out the vacuum cleaner I want and have a good idea about some other things as well.

After shopping at Target, Mom and I went over to Pier One and saw this great black bookcase for 50%! It was sold "as is", meaning it had some parts where the pain had been scratched off, but nothing big by any means. It's perfect and I can take it with me when I get married and use it for years to come.

Garrett and I saw Wall-E last night. It was so funny and so cute. The story was great and I just loved it. I wish I could work for Pixar. *Sigh*

Now for my complaint of the weekend. Just when I had convinced myself I really did not have to have save the dates for my wedding, VistaPrint offers this great deal for their various products. So I designed a small magnet as save the dates and we ordered 100 of them. I think the total amount (including shipping) was just a little over $30. Well, yesterday in the mail we received the box, but it had obviously been torn and tampered with and there were no magnets! Someone from the post office had written on the box that it was received torn and with content missing. I can hardly believe it! We're going to call VistaPrint's customer service tomorrow, and hopefully they can help us, though we may have to deal with the post office. All I know is that we either need to get our money back or our magnets! Ugh.

Sorry this was long, but I felt the need to catch up!

6 comments:

B K Kenobi said...

did you not LOVE wall-e? i thought it was AMAZING!

also, yay for 20-somethings seeing pixar films on the opening weekend . . . yeah, we're cool.)

Patrick said...

i saw wall-e last night, it was pretty cool. and i always love the cartoons before the opening of the movie. thier my favorite. the one before walle-e rivals the cartoon before toy story.

that totally stinks about not getting the magnets. i really hope you can get your money back. i buy and sell my books on ebay and amazon, and i get the occasional cd. i have always had good luck getting my money back when i have a problem, so i hope you have the same luck!

amy, i feel the same way sometimes about not getting an internship. like, i feel that i really need to get one. but there isn't much out there for a poli sci major. i was supposed to have an interview witht he IRS, but that fell threw, very dissapointing. but i agree, God can do very big things, and if you ask me, helping you find a job isn't near as daunting and some other things that he has done. who knows, maybe it'll be with pixar...

hope you had a good day!

Amy Anne said...

I really like the pictures of the back of the dresses and also the rings and the flowers. Very pretty.

Did you end up getting your magnets straightened out?

Anna said...

It's good Target changed their policy; they had a terrible reputation for their registry return policy. What's it like now?

Unknown said...

(this is anna)

I'm not even sure it's eczema. I think my fingers became swollen Saturday due to being outside for almost twelve hours. Swollen fingers + two rings rubbing = irritation.

Lol, we did look at Platinum way back when we first looked at rings, but it's ridiculously expensive. We saw a 14K white gold wedding band for $80, and the same ring in platinum was $500. Yipe.

Lexie said...

i havent seen wall-e yet, but i saw hancock tonight and i highly recommend it!