After dropping my camera one day while in Chattanooga (after it had already been dropped by a friend in a New York City subway station... apparently bad things happen to cameras when you travel), a semi-circled dent showed up on the left corner of the screen. It made me sad but was mostly non-obtrusive, so I went on with my life.
Today I turned my camera on, and found this:
Ack! Where did the extra line come from? I barely touched it! I don't know, but it made me sad. My camera is a Canon, so it's not like it's cheap or anything. I tried to see how much my model cost on Amazon now, but apparently you can't buy one anymore, unless it's used. The next model up from mine is $176, which is reasonable, but I hate to spend the money when I have three working digital cameras (one being the Canon, one being an old Sony that works fine but has a really tiny LCD screen, and one being my big DSLR Nikon). I'm also probably going to buy (which I need to do very soon in fact) a flash and extra lens for my DSLR, so buying another point-and-shoot now just doesn't make sense. Who knows, maybe I'll put one on Garrett and mine's wedding registry as a fun extra item. We'll see.
Happy day.
Yesterday I got thank-you cards at Target, just to prepare for the future, since I know I'll be writing a lot of those in the not-so-distant future.
For a while now (since before I got engaged), I have been considering doing a black and white wedding with some sort of an accent color. After considering red for a while, I decided I might want to an aqua/tiffany blue/turquoise sort of blue instead. It's actually my favorite color and I think the black/white/aqua combo looks classy but unique all at once. Anyhow, that being said, the cards are a light blue with brown ink. Not quite the same look, but close.
I think a large part of what drew me to these cards, however, was the print on them, which reminds me of the damask print, which I am considering incorporating into the wedding in a few select, tasteful ways. Anyhow, I only got twenty cards, and I know I'll be writing more thank-you notes than that, so I'm sure I'll get something different later, but I was excited to have a little bit of something as I begin the planning process.
I also bought a wedding magazine the other day! I won't do this often since there are so many wonderful free resources and pictures online, but I was buying a book for a friend at Barnes and Noble and just couldn't help myself.
I'm also currently working on a new wedding website through Google pages, which I like working with a lot better. It also has a lot more space for pictures. Anyhow, I'll update on that as well. I want to have more details ironed out before I publish it to the web.
7 comments:
I loved doing black and white because you can match ANYTHING with it, and pretty much any kind of decor is priced lower than others. If you want to look at anything I have, you're more than welcome to. Most of it is just sitting in storage at our place.
crazy cameras. lol. hopefully you can get that fixed soon.
I love the idea about a black and white wedding with aqua accents. It always looks amazing in pictures. Good luck getting things organized and planned while you aren't too busy with school.
I don't know what type of change i want. i just know that something needs to happen. hmmm.
i say put the camera on your wedding registry. you never know what people might get you. one of my friends put a 60 inch plasma tv on his gift registry... but he didnt get it. but the camera is much different. haha. that really stinks though
I think that you must not have read my blog right, it actually makes a lot of sense.
i know i will be missing out on the glory of wedding registries, but i am TOTALLY eloping. the idea for planning a wedding makes me physically ill.
i like the aqua idea! a lot!
i was also amused by patrick's suggestion to put the camera on the registry . . . like he said, you never know . . .
Post a Comment