The Weather Channel has truly let me down today. They mentioned a "40% chance of rain" (I don't take anything below 50% seriously) and a "high of 78". Yeah, try high of 68. Capris and flip flops were the wrong attire for the day! I expect better from you tomorrow, Weather Channel.
And where exactly did this sudden gloominess come from?
(Oh look, McCain and Obama are in Nashville for the debate tonight!)
So I haven't decided if I am going to try to
suffer through watch tonight's debate or not. I am more interested in this one than any of the others since it's local. I'm still angry about the whole "only 200 people can go" thing. Not that I would have gone, but maybe at least someone in my Election Night class could have gotten some good coverage. Oh well. I just can't wait until all this is over...
6 comments:
Blogger's being stupid and won't let me type in the correct site. Oh well, it's scrapblog.com. I've used it several times for my headers, but this one is by far my favorite.
John lives by the weather channel's forecasts, but I prefer something local (i.e. wkrn.com) since TWC has let me down multiple times. I was still cold though, lol.
Funny story about the 200 people allowed in: I know one of them. O.k., I don't REALLY know him, but he is the husband of a lady whose blog I read on a regular basis (Audrey Caroline). Apparently they called people at random to see if they would like to attend. Cool stuff.
I HIGHLY doubt he is undecided as he is one of the singers in the group Selah, lol.
If you click on the Audrey Caroline link, you can see his story on the whole thing. According to him, he was called at random, spoke with someone, and was then asked to be a part of the debate.
i really really wanted to go to the debate. but i guess i dont know the right people for those tickets. haha.
they gave us a list of "do's and don'ts" for the blogging. we can't do anything political outside of encouraging people to vote and other things like that.
i like how you demand more out of the whether channel
i wanted to go to the debate... and michael's parents actually got to go tonight and i am still quite jealous over that... i think it is all about who you know...
and i too was disappointed with the weather channel today... i did not dress for the weather. oh well...
i didnt even get to watch the debate because i had class! i was surprised they chose belmont over vanderbilt? how are these decisions made anyway?
Post a Comment