Thursday, October 2, 2008

So Much Time and So Little To Do... Scratch That, Reverse It

So I've been pretty busy since this past weekend, and while things are getting a little better, I am definitely going to stay busy through October. But first, let me backtrack...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was a good weekend. Being 22 hasn't felt any different yet... I imagine it won't for a while.

This week I had two tests and a small project... I was actually supposed to have three tests, but my professor moved it to next week. So now next week I have a test and a group presentation.

God was really good to me this week. It could have been so much more overwhelming. My professor could have not moved the test. I could have not gotten all the extra study time that I did. I really felt like He was looking out for me, even in the little things.

Yet I still got this really bad, just overwhelming feeling last night, even after an uplifting evening at AO. I have to make a big decision about my honors film project soon, and last night I was just not feeling good about it at all, for whatever reason. I did feel better today though, when I talked to a guy in one of my classes who acted like he would be very happy to help me out and find other people who can help me out. Actually, I think I have come to realize that I am a pretty lousy producer and really just want to hand him that title so I can focus on directing. I thought I might like producing but it involves a lot of recruiting and organizing and that is not my thing at all. Anyhow, tomorrow I am supposed to go over the script with a couple of producers, and I guess from there I'll see how I feel about it all.

So how about them Raiders? I went to the game with Garrett but studied all through the first three quarters, and then watched the fourth quarter. I don't really understand football at all, no matter how much it is explained to me, so the only time I get excited is when I see some awesome touchdown. Well, I totally missed our first touchdown because I went to the bathroom. But man, when it came down to that nine second touchdown, WOW. That was crazy. If football was always like that I could totally get into it. So that's why I'd rather watch basketball...

So I believe I have failed to mention before (other than on my Facebook status) that my wonderful fiance got me a Wii for my birthday! It's so fun! I bought Mario Kart the day after getting it so we could play at my b'day party, and plus I was just interested in playing it with the wheel. A lot of people think it's harder with the wheel, but I actually think it's easier (especially once I started doing it correctly... since I wasn't at first! I'm so incompetent at video games!). Anyhow, so that's fun and of course the Wii sports are too.

So, pretty sure that being a senior and being engaged is a deadly combination, and the worst part is that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Next semester, next March, next April, I will probably become so ridiculously apathetic about school. Other than my documentary class, I better ensure that my other classes are ridiculously easy so that I can not care and still do alright. Oh boy. Garrett and I both are in so much trouble next semester, ha ha.

I think that's pretty much it. I feel like I got so behind with the updates! Oh yeah, I watched the season premiere of The Office last week and was totally stoked about Jim proposing to Pam! Yay! Ok I'm done now. Bye. :)

2 comments:

Lexie said...

i totally understand what you mean about football being so slow! my little brother has played for over four years and i still do not get it.

lucky you with a wii! i love babysitting kids that have wiis!

Patrick said...

what is the difference between a producer and a director?

i wish i had known that the mtsu game was on tv, i would have watched it.

dont be too apathetic!