Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catching My Breath

So I just realized that while I posted on Thursday, I was very behind on checking blogs. Could it be because...

Thursday we met with a Realtor
Friday we met with a mortgage lady
Saturday I did lots of school work
Today I'm doing lots of school work
Tomorrow I have something due in 3 classes (i.e. all my Monday classes)
And Tuesday I'm turning in my thesis

Something like that.

I think Garrett and I are going to look at a few more houses on Tuesday. There were a few houses we got excited about only to realize they were foreclosures, HUD homes, or short sales, all which take more than 30 days to deal with, and we don't have time for that. I wish we could have started this process sooner, but oh well. It looks like we'll just have to live somewhere small, but it'll be ok. Maybe it'll encourage us to not buy too much.

2 comments:

B K Kenobi said...

busy, busy, busy!

and i'm going to show my home-buying ignorance by asking what an hud home is.

Anna said...

buying a home is a long process. we started talking to people march 9th and we're still finalizing everything on the financing side. this is teaching me a lot of patience. i wish we could just close tomorrow.