Monday, March 16, 2009

Excitement!

Well, the day started off quite nicely when I remembered that today is TWO MONTHS away from the wedding! Since yesterday I spent some time daydreaming about the cruise, this was an awesome realization. Not to mention that I have enough done that I don't feel stressed about the wedding anymore.

Then, I ran into Garrett on campus after my marketing class. This is only the second time we've seen each other on campus this semester, so it was kind of crazy, especially considering the news he had for me today: he talked to with a mortgage person at MidSouth, and they approved us for a loan for a house!

I really didn't think it was going to happen. I wasn't even sure if I was ready for it to happen. But I asked God to let the answer Garrett got today be the deciding factor, so I feel this is right. The loan they approved us for is actually more than we can really afford (hmmm, why are we in an economic crisis?), so realistically, our price range is really limited. However, there are a few things in the price range that can work for us for the next few years. I still want to look at foreclosures (Garrett and I have been discussing them over the past few days), but I think Garrett's lost interest, and my mom advised me it would probably take longer than we would need, so we may not be doing that. So anyhow, I'll keep everyone posted on the details as they progress. Man, I cannot wait to be able to PAINT! That is the number one thing I am looking forward to in owning a home!

4 comments:

Lexie said...

eeeeeeeee i knew midsouth would come through for you! :) :) yay!

Anna said...

yay for homeowning. and paint. i think i'm going to have the most fun with actual decor!

B K Kenobi said...

everybody is growing up . . . i want a house! :(

congrats!

Anna said...

Haha, I saw your comment on Lexie's blog about Twilight. I'm the only person I know that got bored in the middle of the series and just stopped reading in the middle of the third book. The first was pretty good, but the rest just drag on and on, and it all boils down to which guy the girl is going to choose. Her WRITING isn't bad, the plot just gets really old.