Thursday, March 26, 2009

House Hunt: Part One

So first, let me tell you about the story of my life for these past few days and upcoming. Though the following is quotations, it is not a direct quote, just what I heard in my head; this was what my marketing teacher told our class yesterday:
"So this project that you have been working on these past couple of weeks is due next Monday. And by the way, these three other things that I never mentioned to you before are part of the project, so be sure to get those done over the weekend, because you have nothing better to do, right? And by the way, here's the stuff you turned in to me earlier that I edited for you. I was sure to tell you to do things the opposite way of what I had originally told you to do or leave vague comments that are not clarified in the project assignment."

I love my marketing teacher dearly, usually, but not yesterday. I blame it on her state of pregnancy. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except the FREAKING BIGGEST PROJECT IN MY COLLEGE CAREER is due Tuesday. This would be the honors project/thesis I have labored over for two semesters. The one that still has a scene with very messed up sound. Oy. So really, she couldn't have waited one more class period for us to turn this in? Oh, and I would email her and PLEAD for an extension, but she never responds to email. Ack.

So today was the beginning of our house hunt in person (as opposed to just looking online). Exciting day, right? After class I have a voicemail from Garrett telling me that two (out of the five) houses we were supposed to look at today already have contracts drawn up for them. Oh yeah, and these were the only two houses that I really wanted to look at. Actually, Garrett and I had already decided which one we wanted so long we didn't hate it in person, and it was one of these two. Greeeat.

But, the good news is that looking at the other three houses wasn't a complete waste of time. Granted we didn't really like two of them, but one of them is a pretty decent possibility! It's smaller than we would prefer, but, if we could negotiate the price down just a bit, the price would be right (well, the price is within our rannge just fine now, not even on the high end, but we think it's a bit much for the house). It's also modern and is a really nice neighborhood, so at least it's a possibility. Anyhow, so it's obvious I can't get too excited about any of this as my heart has already been broken a couple of times by this whole housing business, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

Tomorrow we're meeting with the morgtage lady and that should give us a better idea of our actual price range (as opposed to what we have been assuming), and once we know that we may go look at a couple more. I'm dying to paint! *Squeal!*

So, I've been somewhat productive today, and don't feel like doing anymore. It's not even 10 yet, and I just might get ready for bed now and hit the sack earlier than usual. Maybe that would help me destress some. Goodnight, everyone!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Your professor sounds like one that i have this semester. No fun.

Wanting to look at a house that already has a contract can be frustrating. I remember the house we looked at back in October had a contract on it, but then it fell through (it happens from time to time). Hopefully you'll find something you really love!