Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Break Day One

Well, the weather was absolutely gorgeous today. Unfortuantley, I had to spend most of it inside as I work on my project, but I got out a little when I could, including when I went to go pick up my wedding band.

!!!

Yes, my wedding band! Garrett and I picked our bands out on Saturday and they had to size mine, so I picked it up today. Though it's from Jared and my engagement ring is from Zales, they really look like they could have been sold as a set. They match perfectly! I plan to get them "weld" together (I think this is the right term?) since the band is slightly contoured and to ensure they stay in place together. Plus, I believe if I get them welded together Jared will take care of both rings, which will be nice since their extended service plan covers rhodium plating, whereas Zales' does not. Or if it does, they failed to tell me. And Jared says they do it quickly, so I don't have to be without my ring(s) for any significant amount of time. So yay for all that!

Saturday Garrett and I also picked out the tuxes; he and the guys are going to look sharp! I planned on having the guys wear just solid ties, but then I was introduced to a striped tie they had there, and fell in love. Garrett's dad preferred it as well and Garrett was fine either way, so we went with it. It's very exciting to see how everything is coming together!

I have a rough edit of my entire short film minus three scenes. Not too bad! Some of the scenes have been really hard due to match-on-action and continuity, but I've worked it out. It's frustrating, but also rewarding.

2 comments:

Lexie said...

i am so happy my term ends before spring break! i would hate to worry about class projects on a break!

and eeeeeee! wedding bands! i cant wait to see how they fit together!

Anna said...

If you aren't planning on staying in an apartment any longer than a few months, I wouldn't go any larger than 1000 sq feet simply because you really won't fill it up in those months (assuming you don't fill it to the brim with stuff from the get go). The biggest reason we're running out of room is because we've been buying several things over the last few months (there's a no brainer for ya, lol) and placing it in a specific room. Our kitchen and living room are fine, as is the bedroom-- however, our second bedroom (aka, the entertainment room) contains a sleeper sofa, a desk, our 40 inch television, an exercise bike, a keyboard (piano), and a couple of John's instruments-- it sounds like a lot, but it's rather organized, lol. But anyhoo, all that to say-- as long as you monitor what you're buying and have good organizational skills AND aren't staying for a super long time, you should be fine with 1000 sq feet.

We've also got that whole possible baby thing to consider within the next year or so, so a 3rd bedroom would be nice, lol.