Thursday, March 19, 2009

File Under "Misc." Part 2

-Just ordered my cap and gown.

-Can't wait to graduate, or own a home, or be married!!!

-I'm ready for March to be over, because that will mean my thesis will be turned in and the showers begin (no, I'm not excited about rain, I'm excited about wedding festivities)!

-I have officially seen every episode of The West Wing.

-I need inspiration for my next short story for Fiction Writing. I want to write something real tongue-in-cheek, a satire I guess, but I don't know what it should be about. I just want to do something completely different than my last story (in a nutshell, it was about a perfectionist teenage girl who is trying to balance taking care of her sister with cancer and normal teenage life). Ideas or thoughts are welcome!

5 comments:

Patrick said...

for your story: how about what is going on in america right now. with the financial crisis and all. it's crazier than fiction but real life. so a "fiction" story about what is going on.

i cant wait for march to be over either. i have a lot to do here in the next week and half. i dont want to write this paper that i have been inadvertantly putting off

B K Kenobi said...

concerning male-to-female toilet paper consumption, i was basing my idea on guys being messier . . . but, to your credit, girls are generally more concerned with being clean. maybe it works out to everyone using the same amount? someone should research this.

maybe you could use that as inspiration for a satirical story? the lives of roommates and their ridiculous behavior as a comment on our society as a whole (to kinda tie in with patrick's idea above). just a thought.

if i come up with anything else you could use, i'll let you know!

Anna said...

Normally we would have had to make an offer, but we're going about this a little differently. We're getting a townhouse through Ole South properties and Trudy has sort of been our advocate for getting a deal, so there was no need to make an offer. It definitely cut down a lot of stress!

Anna said...

Yep, they have properties in Smyrna, Murfreesboro, La Vergne, Spring Hill, and Winchester. The one we're getting in Smyrna is literally two miles from our current home. We considered moving to the complex in Murfreesboro but decided the location in Smyrna was best (about a mile from the interstate). Have y'all got any house prospects in mind yet?

Amy Anne said...

my teacher that i have for two classes likes west wing. he likes to play them in class. it makes me think of wednesday nights.. :)