While trying once again to work on my "original novel" (being the one I started as a teenager, though it has gone over a
drastic makeover since then, I can assure you!), I was trying to remember about how many people are nominated for Homecoming Court (before a winner is determined), so I looked at my senior year yearbook. And then Garrett's, since the answer still was not clear. And then my junior and sophomore years. And wow... it's weird how much has changed. To think about who was together then and how they are not together now (at least 99% of the time this is true). About things that seemed like such a huge deal in high school don't anymore. About how much people have changed since then. I don't usually dwell on these things, so it was interesting to think back. And I think it'll help me go back to "high school mindset" (scary, I know) for my story.
I leave you with a few pics from high school, featuring a few people you may know.




P.S. I finally got a job interview. Hallelujah. It went well but a lot of people applied for the position, so we'll see. I'm just leaving it in God's hands. I'm definitely interested in the job if they offer it though.
4 comments:
I honestly wouldn't go back to high school. Working in the schools now, you realize what really went on. Even though it has only been about 5 years since it all happened, to go back to it, would stink. College was were a lot of growing and discovering who I really was took place.
The story sounds pretty cool. And I think there might have been 5 or 6 people on Homecoming Court before one got announced. Congrats on your interview!
I wouldn't go back either, although there were a couple of aspects I miss (mostly theater). I have a small box of pictures from those days under the bed (including the one of us after the M*A*S*H performance-- one of my favorites).
I remember towards the end of senior year Kenny announcing there would be a 'five year reunion' in 2010, and I'd do my best to get to that if it actually came together.
wow . . . it's been a while.
i remember that little coffeehouse near the square! it's a shame it closed down, it was pretty cool.
haha, that one that is your favorite is the picture that is the background of my cell phone :) I don't have a clue which one we are choosing :(
Post a Comment