Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Plans

Tomorrow evening Garrett and I will be hosting a Halloween Eve party. We are doing this as opposed to on actual Halloween because our friend Elissa had to work on Halloween, and besides the fact that we just like her, she is also an integral part of a trio of costumes that go together with our friend Mandy and myself. I'll give you a (easy) hint as to who I am and what we're doing (well, the amount of ease on your knowledge of the nerdy, I suppose):

My costume won't be that awesome, but I'm still excited.

On Halloween day our church is hosting a 5K in memory of a late youth group member and friend of mine, Bruce. I'm not sure why they are doing this for the first time years after his death, but it's to raise money for a scholarship fund in his name, which I didn't even know existed until recently. As a co-leader of a small Bible study group of seventh grade girls, I felt obligated to volunteer for the event when we decided to take this on as a project. I'm glad that I'm doing it though, especially since I did know Bruce, but it will be brutal when I wake up at approximately 5:45 AM (remember, this is on a Saturday, after hosting a party on the previous night). Yikes! I told Garrett though that I should be better rested then, however, than we were the morning after our wedding. We got to bed late that night, were awakened by screaming in the hallway outside our room, and then had to wake up at some ridiculous hour to get to the airport. So if I survived that, I will certainly survive this!

Then after I clean up and perhaps take a nap, I'll be on my way to a baby shower! I have attended two baby showers in my life, I believe, other than my mom's, which I obviously don't remember. Anyhow, I am excited about this one because it is for Graham's sister, who also happens to be the wife of my former youth minister. I enjoyed shopping for the occassion, because baby stuff is just the cutest. And check out the bag I put the gifts in!

Adorable! I don't really know what Noah's Ark has to do with babies, but it's cute anyways.

I actually don't have plans for Halloween night yet. I got candy in case we're home and have trick-or-treaters, but even if we go out I'll probably leave a bowl out of candy out on the porch, since I already bought a bowl and candy for said purpose. I hope that's not a bad idea...

What are your Halloween plans?

2 comments:

Anna W. said...

Make sure it's either a cheap bowl or one you don't care what happens to it. When I went trick or treating, those bowls tended to get messed up or something.

Our plans were made very last minute-- long story short, we're going to TN. I'd write more, but I'm saving it for a blog sometime this weekend. WOO!

B K Kenobi said...

wait . . . you're running in the marathon, or just working it?

your party sounds fun! i really don't know what my plans are . . .may try to throw a party of my own together at the last minute.

like anna, i'll have to blog about it!