Last year I had three goals for the new year, and I have decided to stick with three goals for 2010. Unfortunately, one of them is the same since it was not accomplished, as I discussed previously. But I feel I did the best I could with my other two goals, so I will consider 2009 a success. Here are the goals for 2010:
1. Find a job I like. This is 2009's unfulfilled goal. I'm really just leaving this in God's hands, because I'm realizing I am certainly not going to accomplish this on my own merit.
2. Re-establish a relevant quiet time with God. I know that when you read and hear Scripture it does not return void, but I have not been putting the effort into my relationship with God that I should be. Reading a chapter in the Bible before I go to bed and barely thinking about it is just not going to cut it. I used to do better than this. I don't even have an excuse, like I'm really busy. It's time to get serious.
3. Finish my novel. My goal is to have it published by 25, so to accomplish this, I want to be finished with it this year, and then get into editing and all that. I've been a little stuck, and busy, lately, but I hope that by next week I am ready to get back to it.
What are your goals/resolutions for the new year?
2 comments:
A) get into nursing school.. somewhere! And kick butt in it this time.
B) not to go bridezilla. but still have a beautiful wedding.
C) just have fun and make new friends.
It might sound silly, but its not that much. I'm sure much more will come. Its going to be a packed year.
I think I'd also like to find a devotional to do with John; we've discussed it a few times but never did anything about it. So, we'll see.
Post a Comment