Saturday, December 5, 2009

Houston, We Have Snow

There's something you have to understand. I lived in Houston, Texas for eight years and never saw a snowflake while there. I moved away just a little over 6 years ago, and Houston has actually had snow two or three times since... including yesterday. You know, like the day before today, the day before we got our first winter snow here in Tennessee! (Click to see picture.)
I mean, TN looks like Yankee territory compared to Houston. Houston is usually home to humid summers and mild "winters." The weather never ceases to amaze me, no matter where I am. So while yesterday I marveled that it snowed in Houston, I wake up to find this in my front yard:

Well Houston, we have found your snow.

I know it didn't snow in FL, but how about Memphis and Illinois (it probably snowed there weeks ago...)?

4 comments:

Lexie said...

it's so weird you guys got snow!!

we had our first snow in IL on thursday night! it was soooo beautiful ..but in a tennessee fashion, melted by the time i woke up friday morning.

B K Kenobi said...

. . . aaand memphis still hasn't had any snow. :(

Anna W. said...

It's $1/night (until 9:00 the following night). After 25 days, they stop charging your card and you can keep the movie.

Amy Anne said...

people are funny acting with snow. It makes me smile. hehe.