Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Things

As I am wrapping up my Christmas shopping and getting geared up for the holiday season, I decided to share a list of my favorite Christmas things. I have decided to not include the really obvious things that I feel most everyone loves about Christmas which is the meaning of Christmas, presents (the giving and getting), and the whole holiday spirit.

1. The "classic" Christmas songs. Bing Crosby's "White Christmas," Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song," etc. I don't know if these are really the classics, but in my mind are. If it's a Christmas song and it was sung back "in the old days" I am probably a fan of it.
2. Snowmen.

3. Penguins.
4. I think I would consider Santa Clause 2 my favorite Christmas movie. I know that seems kind of random, since it's a sequel, but I just happen to like it.
5. Charlie Brown/Peanuts anything. Actually, I love Charlie Brown all year round, but he seems most prominent around Christmas. I get excited over Peanuts' ornaments, books, anything really. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a Charlie Brown tree one day; we already have a ton of ornaments for it!

What are your favorite Christmas things?

3 comments:

Anna W. said...

1. Honest to goodness, I actually enjoy the Christmas shopping crowds.
2. A Muppet Christmas Carol and Christmas Vacation are my favorite Christmas movies.
3. Putting together those gingerbread house kits; I've been doing one every year with my mom for a few years now.
4. My snowman and cardinal decorations. And the elf my mom made me last year.
5. Seeing how different cities decorate for Christmas with all of the lights and stuff on light poles.

Amy Anne said...

1. hot cocco and fire places to roast marshmellows.
2. shopping for all my friends and family.
3.spending time with family and decorating, even if we have NO time to complete this step, this year.
4. baking! Muddy Buddies, tree-top cookies, white chex party mix, egg nog. All good stuff.
:)

Lexie said...

i love christmas carols and shopping for presents! i also love Elf!