Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Twenty-Four

So yesterday was my 24th birthday, and it was a pretty good one. I've been pretty unenthusiastic about birthdays since my 21st after years of being that girl who always counted down to her birthday, even though none of those were particularly bad... OK, my 21st was really stressful. Anyhow, I requested to leave work a couple of hours early that day so I could get ready for my parents to come over that evening and to have just a little extra time to enjoy myself. They came bearing Papa Murphy's 5-meat stuffed pizza and Publix's chocolate ganache cake just as I requested, and of course everything was delicious... and fattening.



Mom had given me a new camera lens I had asked for a few days early so I could use it for Graham and Elissa's shower, which I really appreciated. I also got a few other things from her and Dad, however, including a sweater I had tried on while at Ann Taylor Loft once with Mom and really liked. Garrett got me some DVDs I wanted and a Christmas ornament that combines my love for Peanuts and psychology.



It was all-in-all pretty simple and laid-back, but considering how busy I've been, that's exactly what I wanted. Later this week, we'll be going out to eat with Garrett's parents for one last celebration. Only one more year until I'm a quarter of a century old... ha ha... Also, I was hoping I would be published by 25 (not by my birthday though, but before my 26th birthday) so it will be interesting to see if that happens. I haven't touched my novel since I started working, but I honestly needed to step back from it before I continued with revisions. It'll be there when I'm ready for it, and I'm trying to not feel rushed.

I also considered making some sort of resolution for my birthday, but ended up not doing so. But I suppose now is the time to make a conscious effort to choose joy and make the most of life, which is something I have been thinking about a little bit lately. No matter what, God's always up to something.




Twenty-four finds me in twenty-fourth place. -Switchfoot

2 comments:

B K Kenobi said...

Sounds like a refreshing birthday! Glad you had fun. I'll get you that cake, I promise!

Anna W. said...

Mmm, bokeh.