Monday, August 25, 2008

Career Clarity?

Maybe, just maybe, this will work out.

If Nashville seriously builds a film studio, I am definitely going to be applying for a job there. It will probably be a few years down the road, but by then I should have work experience somewhere. After a conversation with one of my friends from my major this morning, I realized that the experience I would be excited about would be something in movies. He asked me if I had helped work on the Hannah Montana movie and I was thinking, I didn't even know that was an option for me! Obviously my adviser did not have that hook-up for me, which is definitely too bad because that would have been awesome. I would have loved to have spent my summer doing that. I really didn't want the internship at the advertising agency, I just didn't.

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy advertising at all, but I pretty much either want to do it my own way or work with someone really great. I want to be excited about my job. And I could get excited about working on movies right in Nashville. Even if they weren't big budget, as long as it was a story I believed in I would be glad to be a part of it.

That being said, I am really excited about my Entertainment Marketing class. I actually found out about the prospective film studio in Nashville through my teacher when she is telling us about different things we needed to look at IMDB for quizzes and such. Also, one of our projects is to market a movie adapted from a book we choose, and she said that TV/radio majors are great partners for this project because of our skills in making trailers. :) That made me happy and excited about doing something related to video again. I love movies. I have long been fascinated by them. Maybe this really could be it. I don't have to be a big-time director or producer. I think that would be too stressful and demanding for me anyways. I just want to be a part of the process.

No comments: