Seriously July, where did you go?
While part of me beats myself up over the fact that I have accomplished next to nothing this summer, the other part of me knows that I really needed some rest. Also, this summer I have been able to spend a lot of quality time with my closest friends, and I feel that is definitely not a bad thing.
Yesterday I celebrated Garrett's grandmother's 80th birthday with him and his family. I don't think I could ask for a better family to marry into. They're not perfect of course, but they're so great, and I love them, and they have really always made me feel like a part of the family. And having a great family of in-laws is just icing on the cake to marrying the man I love. The more we talk about our future life together, the more I get excited. I know that it's not all going to be rainbows and unicorns (yeah I don't know... probably too much Charlie the Unicorn...), and that marriage takes work, but I know this is God's plan and that is exciting!
Anyhow, I didn't mean to sound sappy...
So August has arrived. The weather is hotter than Hades and summer rapidly ends as school suddenly begins. Needless to say, I don't have fond feelings for this month, even if it is when Garrett was born. He should have been born a day later... into a good month... ;)
1 comment:
July went away.. and August and its insane heat is here!
Post a Comment