Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Official: I'm a Phelps Phan

Before this year, I had hardly watched any Olympic event since I watched ice skating in the 1998 winter Olympics. And now I can't get away from the swimming this year. It has been so exciting, especially watching the swimming machine known as Michael Phelps. Watching him just blows me away. It amazes me that someone can be that consistent and really, that close to perfection.




Seeing him and other great American athletes complete has been really exciting. It was great to see our two American representatives pick up silver and gold in the individual all-around gymnastics competition last night as well. Nastia and Shawn really represented the USA and made us proud. And isn't Shawn just the cutest little girl ever?



Keep 'em coming, Team USA.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the thing ... Nastia is pretty frickin gorgeous. The other girl is cute, sure, but also 15. That is all.

Anna said...

I think Shawn's cute, but there is a certain amount of elegance Nastia has when performing that I didn't seen in Shawn.

And Shawn's 16, Graham :)

Lexie said...

i agree with anna - nastia was much more elegant than shawn. i think shawn had passion and determination pouring out of her though that i did not see from nastia. hopefully she will stay strong enough to pull of the gold next time.