Well, I am finally home after my semi-annual trip to Mississippi to see my grandma, aunt, and uncle. And it feels so good to be home!
Garrett was able to come with us for the first time, and I'm so glad he came. Grandma had never met him before, and though she wants to trust my mom and me, she is quite the worrier and had to see for himself that he wasn't an ax murderer! Sure enough, it didn't take long for her to realize how wonderful he was and all her fears subsided!
My aunt and uncle had only met Garrett briefly before, so I'm really glad he got to spend time with them as well. I think getting to know him better made them more excited about the wedding as well, and my aunt is offering to help out a lot with the reception and the food which will be very nice and very helpful.
Not much else to say about the trip; it was pretty uneventful. I have been enjoying watching The Olympics, especially the swimming. I watched the gymnastic preliminaries or whatever you would call them, and I can't wait to see the medal competition!
2 comments:
Yes, I ended up deleting it. I might start it back sometime but for right now, I'm trying to limit my time on the computer for fear of next semester. Its cool that you didn't comment. No worries :)
Glad you had a good time in Mississippi and that the rest of your family approved of Gar.
well, i only really have the car for the next couple of days . . . just until i get home. then it goes back to john.
but i will be back for a week or so before i have to be back in memphis for school, so we should get everyone together!
also, your background is pretty freakin' sweet.
Post a Comment