Last night Garrett and I went over to his grandparents'. While there, I noticed they had a booked called "Cruise Vacations for Dummies," so I proceeded to pick it up and scan through the entire book, reading bits and pieces of info that looked important. I really learned a lot, and it made me so excited about our honeymoon cruise.
And then today I looked at the different shore excursions. Just being in the Caribbean sounds so amazing. We made the decision of where to go so quickly that I wondered if we should have thought about it more, but now there is no doubt in my mind that this is the right trip for us. It's a perfect combination of activity, relaxation, etc. I've been so stressed this past week, so thinking about the cruise being less than 3 months away is a very nice thought! Obviously, I can't wait!
2 comments:
Cruises are amazing.. of course anywhere in the Caribbean is pretty. Which islands are you going to? In the Caymans I believe is a little town of Hell that you have to visit.. just so you can say that you've been there. In Jamacia there is Dunns Falls. A huge waterfall that you can climb up.. the waters a little cold, but trust me, the view makes it worth it! The Bahammas is a great place to relax and enjoy the view. Its been about 5/6 years since I've been on one, but all is what I remember is the great fact that you can eat all the food you want. If you like something at dinner ask for two. Afterall.. you did pay for it.. and its kinda like unlimited :)
Honestly, I'd recommend starting out with the Bible and doing an in depth study of what it says marriage should be like. Then, when you do sit down with a marriage book, you'll be able to say 'Oh, wow, this guy has a lot of good points' or 'Wow, this author is total bogus and is actually teaching against what the Bible really says.'
One book I would recommend (and it's actually not necessarily geared towards married couples but could be) is The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. Love and Respect by Emmerson Eggerich is probably my favorite, but once again, you'll want to really study the Bible before you read that one because it can be a lot to take in.
Post a Comment