Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Moment In Time

So, lately I've been pretty stressed. This weekend I'm supposed to be shooting a short film for my Honors College thesis/project. Let's just say with the way things have been in putting everything together, I'm amazed I even have a cast. But I do, thought no one is really available outside of Saturday, which makes things hard. But I'm determined to make it work. Once I get this thing shot (which will take another week or two), maybe I can finally feel like I can work on other important things. Garrett and I need to look for wedding bands before too long; our wedding is three and a half months away! Man, how time flies! There are many other things on my wedding to-do list and a lot of school stuff I'm going to have going on.

Anyhow, enough of that. I saw this fun thing on Lexie's blog and even though I wasn't tagged for it, I wanted to do it anyways. Here's what you do:
* go to the fourth folder where you keep your photographs
* choose the fourth picture
* explain it.

Now I was uncertain as to whether this meant the fourth album that shows up in alphabetical order or the fourth folder that shows up in chronological order, since it can be pulled up either way on my computer. So I'm just sharing both with you. Here's the fourth picture from my Destin album:

This was one of the few real vacations I've been on in my life, and I went with Garrett, Graham, Amy, and Graham's parents. Graham's mom's boss has a house (maybe even two?) in Florida that he lets employees stay at when they vacation there, so Graham's parents gave us the chance to take this trip with them. It was the summer after freshman year of college and I had a blast.

Amy and I both took pictures like this with the speed limit sign in the neighborhood where we were staying. We though 21 mph was just odd and picture-worthy. It's also cringe-worthy if you're OCD with your numbers like I am.

Here's the fourth picture in my Background album (which is pictures that either currently are or have been a part of my photo collage computer background that I make through Picasa):
I find this picture very amusing, and I don't think I realized what was happening until I saw the picture after the fact. Even though Garrett and Graham are best friends, I don't really see them interact this way, so it's funny it came out in a picture, especially since I'm on the other side of Garrett. This picture was taken New Year's Eve 2007 (or maybe it was New Year's Day 2008, it's kind of hard to know) at Chris' apartment of the time.

Feel free to share your pictures if you wish!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Are you planning on getting a band that matches your engagement ring? I remember looking at bands for John-- we wound up ordering his online (and it was so appropriately under the name of his favorite video game. go figure)

Lexie said...

awwww! i'm glad you did this tag! that 21 mph sign is funny.

i cannot believe your wedding is so soon! i think i have said that before to you .. but i feel like it was just yesterday i saw your status change on fb!