Monday, January 19, 2009

My Letter to the President

Dear Mr. President,

Today was your last day residing over our country, and I just want to thank you for what you have done. I'm sorry to write this on a blog you'll never see, but even if I mailed you the letter, you probably wouldn't see it that way either. But I just hope you know that you are still appreciated by some. Even though I did not agree with every decision you made, I believe that you did the very best to do exactly what the President should do, and that is protect the freedom, integrity, and values of our nation.

People who have to make tough decisions are often not popular. I want to thank you for your willingness to stick with your guns instead of compromising your conscience for the sake of popularity. It means a lot to me that you care about your country, our country, that much. I hope that in retrospect, more people will be able to see you the way that I see you now, as a President who had to fight hard, hard battles and face challenge after challenge, and met them all squarely in the eye. Agree or disagree, I think people ought to respect you for that. Not all our former Presidents can say they have done the same.

I'm uncertain of the road ahead, for several reasons. But one thing I know is that God, not the government, is my Savior. Whatever happens, happens by His degree and will. I'm sure you agree. I'm glad I know Who to place my hope in.

May God bless you for your service.
Sincerely,
Amy

2 comments:

Patrick said...

i like your letter. it's nice. and i try to pray for our country everyday.

i'm glad to know someone else feels the same about college as i do. I'm sure the both of us will do great in the future amy, dont worry.

hope your doing well

Patrick said...

Were you wanting me to read the article "bush and bush haters"? the link you left me was cut off by blogger presumably, but that article had four links at the bottom.

i liked in the one article where the author asked the question "what would you have done differently"?

i listened to bush's farewell address on the radio. it was pretty nice to hear. he seemed so relaxed and sincere, especially when he was talking about what he could have done differently. i'm positive that twenty years from now Bush will be judged more farely.

i'm going to try to find an article that my friend told me about that i think you would enjoy