My mom mentioned to me the other day some song that Dad thought was good that I needed to hear that had something to do with "Romeo and Juliet." My dad typically listens to Christian radio so it doesn't exactly sound like something he'd hear there, but I figure I could be wrong.
Then today he addresses me directly about "the Romeo and Juliet song," about "you be the prince and I be the princess." I decide to Google it and all signs lead to Taylor Swift's "Love Story." I told Dad and he looked at the lyrics and said that was it, and that all the stations were playing it (how would he know?). Anyhow, I just found the video of it on YouTube. It's a nice enough song, especially for a country song, but the music video is great! In my opinion, this is one of the better music videos I've seen in quite some time. It actually tells the story of the song, uses great visual images, and it actually makes sense. Check it out if you haven't already:
Maybe working for CMT wouldn't be too terrible if the opportunity arose...
3 comments:
there is a little place in my heart reserved for taylor swift! no shame!
is that video filmed in tennessee?
that song is awesome.. everything on Taylors new album is good.. white horse is another one you might want to check out..
he's right, they do play it on every radio station, even The River. i actually love the song to pieces and am considering buying her album bc of it.
if you want a real heart wrenching video, watch Rascal Flatts' What Hurts the Most. gawh.
Post a Comment