I've only been in classes one week and I really think my brain is about to explode. It's not that my classes are that bad (more on them later), though they have given me more work lately than I have expected for so early in the semester, but I just have so.much.going.on.
In addition to my classes and my homework for them, I am trying to make some pretty major wedding decisions (invitations, cake, and flowers) and everybody keeps throwing in their opinion. I'm also trying to make lists for who is definitely getting invited to the wedding, who might be, who is getting a formal invitation, and who is getting a Facebook invitation. We know way too many people, and this is quickly getting out of hand. But I want most everyone I know to feel welcome to come. But where do I draw the line? It's hard to tell.
In addition to class, work, and wedding stuff, I'm also trying to work on this honors project. Do you realize how impossible it is to find a male actor? I can't seem to get any guy interested! (Brian, why do you live in Memphis?!) I only need a couple! It is becoming very frustrating, and I have to get something done SOON.
And then, I've had the added stress of wondering if my graduation paperwork has fallen by the wayside. I was informed today I would receive an email confirmation tomorrow from my graduation analyst that I am set to graduate in May. I just hope that she also tells the records office or whoever else needs to know, so I can be informed of important graduate things, such as ordering my cap and gown. Sigh.
Oh yeah, so back to my classes. Here's what I'm taking...
Psychology of Happiness and Well-Being:
I think I'm really going to enjoy this class. The professor is energetic and keeps my attention, and the course load looks easy but relevant. I think it'll be interesting to learn about what makes us happy and what doesn't.
Documentary:
I'm 99.99% sure I'm dropping this class, but I have to know for certain that my Scriptwriting class will be considered a seminar before I do. I think I would have really enjoyed this class last spring when all my friends were taking it, but sadly that would not be the case so much this semester. The dynamics of the class just felt really wrong to me when I went yesterday. Not that there's anything wrong with the people in the class, but I just don't think I want to work with them. I only waited to take this class because I was advised to do so and because Jolene and I were supposed to be taking this class together. But then her Scriptwriting got counted as a seminar, so that's what I am counting on to. But otherwise, it would have been fun and interesting. It's just bad timing for me.
Applied Promotional Strategies:
I'm hoping this class will be pretty cool. I had the professor last semester for Entertainment Marketing and I'm glad to have her again. At first she was talking about us writing press releases, which sounds really boring to me, but she's also mentioned us designing web pages and other fun things, so hopefully it will go well. I think it will be easy enough anyways, and I have a couple of friends in the class.
Fiction Writing:
I was pretty nervous going to it yesterday, but almost immediately I started to feel pretty comfortable with my professor and my classmates (minus one guy I can tell is pretty annoying, but tolerable... no class can be perfect... except my Persuasion class a couple of semesters ago...). I think I'm really going to grow a lot as a writer in this class, and I am looking forward to it.
Advanced Scriptwriting:
This class is going to be intense... I have to... are you ready for this?... write a script for a full-length feature film. That, ladies and gentlemen, is 90 pages of script of one cohesive story. That's going to be tough. But I want to rise up to this challenge. I think it'll be totally worth it. And I have a vague idea I'm kicking around my head (thanks to a discussion in my psych class, actually), but I need to develop it more.
Anyhow, I'm glad it's almost the weekend, and hopefully I can relax... some...
4 comments:
Are we all supposed to receive this conformation e-mail? I received a degree evaluation at the end of last semester to let me know what else I had to take, so I don't know if it's the same. I ask because the degree evaluation I received had a link that has all the graduation info-- including cap and gown ordering.
http://frank.mtsu.edu/~records/grad.htm
And I know what you mean about it only being a week and feeling like your brains going to explode. Gah.
aww! i'm sorry amy the powers! i'm guessing it's nothing i could help you with over spring break? or maybe i could film everything standing in front of a green screen and you can cut me in?
other than that, your semester sounds really fun! i would kill for fiction/script writing classes. trade with me??? ;)
this semester is going to kill everyone. good luck!
i like to think of it as it's the last semester and i can power through it knowing that i'll finally be done.
but i can understand that you're so stressed since you have other major plans to make i.e. your wedding.
hope this next week goes well for you
Post a Comment