I'm not one to follow celebrity gossip, but some things you just hear about. Well, I wen to people.com to look for something specific that I saw mentioned elsewhere, and instead found two stories I would have expected to hear something about, but did not until just now: Kevin Jonas is getting married, and Avril Lavigne is getting a divorce. I'm especially shocked to not hear about Kevin, though he hasn't set a date set yet, a boy band/Disney icon coming off the market seems like pretty big "news."
Ironically, Kevin is 21 now, and Avril was 21 when she got married, and now she's "realizing she was too young." Now I'm not one to say anything about young marriages, seeing as I was 22 myself, but since they are celebrities there is that generalization about their marriages not lasting anyways. But since Kevin and the other Jonas Brothers have committed themselves to faith and purity, I am hoping this actually works out. It seems that his family is excited and supportive, and I think that helps. It would be great to have an example of a couple in the spotlight that actually made it work out.
Avril Lavigne is also working on a new album, which I sure hope it was better than the last album. I bought her first two but I won't go near the third because of my deep hatred for her obnoxious and explicit single "Girlfriend" from that album. *Shudder*
2 comments:
I hate to say this, but Jessica Simpson too committed herself to faith and purity and look where she is now.
I should really just stop now before my opinions get the best of me.
I believed her, but as you said, her subsequent actions made it SOOO unsurprising that her marriage failed.
Post a Comment