Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting Motivated

Sorry for the hiatus; there's been so little and so much going on at the same time. Not much is really happening, but I feel like I am growing and learning and reaching and all around just striving to become who I want to be. I was beginning to feel discouraged that nothing that I was interested in would ever come my way, that I was destined to be a receptionist or something for life, but I'm starting to feel a bit more positive.

I applied for a position as a marketing assistant this evening, and while I may not get it, I feel this is exactly the type of job I ought to be applying for now and exactly what I hope to get at this point in my life. I also contacted a local photography business about possibly assisting in shooting weddings with them. I would never have dreamed of e-mailing a business about this, but their website actually encouraged interested photographers to do so, so I figured I ought to give it a shot! I beefed up my flickr photostream this weekend to give them something to look at.

I tried making mashed potatoes again, this time using my KitchenAid stand mixer (which I used for the first time ever last week while making cookies with my friend Elissa - it was amazing!). Unfortunately it was another not-so-great endeavor. I don't think I'm getting the potatoes hot enough before I start to mash (or mix) them, because the problem is they just want to stay in chunks, like they're not soft enough. I might try boiling them longer next time, but I also just may try instant potatoes instead, because this is wearing on me a bit!

And in other news, we have experienced a small miracle! Out of all the wedding presents we received, we somehow managed to misplace one of the most important ones - a $200 gift card to Target. I died a little bit inside every time I thought about the missing card, and this happened almost daily. Well low and behold, Garrett's mom found it while going through some stuff in his old room! Hallelujah! I am so incredibly thankful and cannot wait to finally get to use this card! I think a nice, large bookcase is calling my name...

3 comments:

Amy Anne said...

So.. I have been addicted to this site finding recipes that I think would be good.. ever since Anna suggested it. Try doing it this way next time. They have awesome visuals so you can see what you should be doing, and you might wanna half the recipe.. prob makes a bunch. But check this one out.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/11/delicious_creamy_mashed_potatoes/

Lexie said...

good luck on getting the job - i think you're right about it being the type of job you are prepared for now.

my family has been sorta hard (not really but i guess how families are sometime) on my brother for not having a job yet (despite graduating in may, around the same time as you), but i think it's important not to settle too fast.

also i cant wait to check out your flickr!

B K Kenobi said...

i wish I could find a target gift card . . . :(