Thursday, September 17, 2009

And This One Goes Out To...: Part 2


Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. I just discovered this today and it truly is magical. Does Mr. Clean have a Magic Mop, or a Magic Mildew Remover, or Magic anything else?! Because I want to clean everything with this wonder. Well, if I have to clean anyways. If I ever become rich, I am definitely hiring someone to clean the house.

This one also goes out to Taylor Swift. Yes, I know this is old news, and my apologies for the belated post regarding it, but I have to say that as an indirect result of the whole VMA fiasco, I may be becoming a little bit of a Taylor Swift fan. Such an inconvenience for someone who has sworn to loathe country music (quote of importance at 1:13), but I console myself its really more like pop. But anyways, I'm not rushing out to buy her CD or anything, but after watching Taylor's award-winning video, I decided I rather enjoyed it, like Love Story. Maybe I just like Taylor Swift's video production team (please give a job!). Anyhow, here it is in case you haven't seen it:

Nothing earth-shattering, but it's pretty cute and tells the story (I think Taylor's over-exaggerated glasses are a bit much, but that's my only real complaint).

In comparison, here's what Kayne dubbed as one of the greatest music videos of all time:

To be fair, it has cool lighting. But otherwise, it's 3 minutes and 20 seconds of Beyonce and two other ladies booty dancing without a change in wardrobe, location, or even angle really.

Anyhow, I noticed that most all of Taylor's videos are fairly enjoyable and I like them, though I agree with Lexie that she does sing an awful lot about boys. I know she's young, but still. I guess it's what sells.

P.S. This is the best Taylor Swift video of them all ;):

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

I love Taylor Swift. She has been quoted saying, 'If you hurt my feelings, break my heart, or hurt my friends I will write a song about you'. . . which would likely explain the abundance of songs about guys. Watch out Kanye.