These past couple of days I have been listening to the radio for the first time in forever. Today I heard a song that I've never heard it before, and it really hit me right from the get-go. I Googled the lyrics and was surprised to learn it was by Regina Spektor, since the song was played on Way-FM, though I can't say I know a lot about her or her beliefs. Even though I'm not in love with her singing style, I think this is a very compelling song, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
5 comments:
she sings a song from narnia.. that i am IN LOVE WITH!
i love regina spektor. a girl sang this song @ church yesterday too...made me really happy!
it seems really, really, really strange to me that they would play this song on the christian station or sing it in church. but maybe it speaks to me differently than it does to other people.
I had to look at the lyrics because I couldn't understand what she was singing during the chorus.
It's true though. Definitely a different spin on what most sugar coated Christian lyrics are, but she's right. A chilling number of people view Him as a 'magician who does tricks like Hoodini' and nothing else, but when tragedy strikes, they seem to take Him a lot more seriously.
beautiful song with a very valid point.
nice find, amy the p-shaw!
Post a Comment