So, somewhat related to this old post of mine, is this article. How refreshing to see a young star not going down the drain.
Now for the other reason for this post, the addition of Ellen DeGeneres as a judge on American Idol to replace Paula Abdul. This brought about a couple of questions for me...
1. Everything thought four judges was too many last season, so why are we replacing Paula if we still have Kara, Randy, and Simon?
2. Since when does Ellen know anything about singing? I don't think her little tune "Just Keep Swimming" in Finding Nemo counts for music experience. Sorry.
So I'm not too happy about this. But then I realized that I will probably be away from my home most every Tuesday and Wednesday night when it's time for the show anyways, as I am now. So whatever, life goes on, there will probably never be a David Cook anyways. Then I just learned that Kristin Chenoweth had auditioned for the job. Wait... Kristin Chenoweth?! You mean that freaking adorable girl on West Wing who has also performed on Broadway and released albums?! That Kristin Chenoweth?!

Sigh. American Idol FAIL. Again. What a surprise.
2 comments:
ellen? REALLY?
i'm with you . . . find someone at least moderately connected to the industry. :/
so this is more a comment for the tayor swift article:
after the whole VMA debacle i have to say i am 100% on team taylor (the feminist in me has had issues with the fact that the only subject she sings about is BOYS BOYS BOYS)! she is such a class act.
Post a Comment