Wednesday, September 9, 2009

And This One Goes Out To...

Granted I have not been married very long, but I have decided to today endorse my absolute favorite brand out of all kitchenware products: Pyrex. All I have from Pyrex is a couple of bakeware/casserole dish type things and a measuring cup, but I feel this is enough for me to evaluate its handiness.

*EDIT* Just remembered that I actually have a lot of Pyrex things (Garrett's mom gave us a whole set), but I don't use it all frequently.

The Wilton pizza pan was quickly scratched. The KitchenAid ice cream recently decided to break. Even my highly-esteemed Calphalon pots and pans scratched quite easily and quickly (still quite usable of course, but I hoped they would remain looking new a while longer!). Pyrex has (for these almost four months anyway) very successfully withstood the trials of kitchen endeavors, still looking nice and new. And apparently they are going to release their own line of cookware soon! Perhaps I'll look into this one day when my current cookware pieces need to be replaced. But who knows, maybe it's only so good because it's glass, and the cookware will be like all other metal kitchenwares. All I know is that I love my Pyrex. The end.

In other news, I definitely got rejected for that marketing assistant job within 12 hours of sending in my resume. Uh... yeah, that definitely hurt, to be told I wasn't even qualified enough to go through the rest of the application process for an entry-level job. Sigh. I also haven't heard anything back from the photography studio. I'm trying to not give up hope.

Hmmm... I just had a thought... do dishes fall in the category of kitchenware? I love my Corelle as well. It's lightweight and great for butter-fingers like me who occassionally drop their dishes.

See?! I should totally be in advertising!

3 comments:

Anna W. said...

I didn't know Pyrex was releasing a line of cookware-- I'm in need of a covered 12 inch skillet, so I may look in to getting one through them.

The major heart break comes when you break something for the first time (so far my victims have been a drinking glass, a salad plate, and a dinner plate-- boo).

Lexie said...

i love vintage pyrex mixing bowls! they're so cute! my apartment came with lots of cookwear (thankfully - it would have been a pain to travel with and wayy expensive to ship!), but i cant wait until i move up in the world and get to pick out china and "real" cookwear!

B K Kenobi said...

pyrex is awesome . . . i love their glass casserole dishes that come with the blue plastic lids so you don't have to get something else dirty to save the leftovers.

you don't have to be married--or a woman--to appreciate the glories of pyrex. ;P

excellent post!

(though i am sorry to hear about the job :( )