I adore flats, and especially in the fall and spring. When Liz Claiborne Shoes opened at The Avenue, I fell in love with the store instantly. On my first visit there I bought two pairs of flats, the same shoe in two different colors to be exact, one red and one black. They quickly become my flat staples.

You see, my feet have a problem. One is a size 6.5, and the other is a 7. In a vain attempt to wear cute flats with closed backs, I have sometimes bought 6.5s that didn't seem uncomfortable, so said shoes would stay on my feet. Well, they always end up uncomfortable. In fact, this spring I got two more pairs of flats from Dillard's to replace the ones like you see above. They are both size 6.5. Well, I'm sad to say I've rarely worn them, even the cute red ones. They squish my bigger foot and it's not fun. What made my Liz flats special? The same thing that made my Liz heels special, and other shoes I own that aren't in the tennis shoe or flip flop department.

They have some sort of strap that helps me stay in my shoes without buying a half size too small. And that was why Liz Shoes were great; because a lot of them came with the strap, even while other shoe brands did not. Granted, it's not rare to see them in heels like above, but flats? That's a whole other story. So it was a tragic day for me when Liz Shoes closed, and without any cute new flats with straps for me to stock up on. Sigh.
Mom and I are going shopping soon for my birthday, and I really hope we can find some flats that will work with my feet, as my Liz flats are looking pretty rough these days. And my one other pair of flats that work, as adorable as they are, aren't comfy for long periods of time and just don't go with everything. Here are some I found online that I love, but unfortunately, none of them have the all-important strap!
Jessica Simpson "Cody": Never thought I would find a Jessica Simpson shoe I would actually like (can you say "hooker heels"?), but these are actually pretty cute! I'm not dying to have them, but I like them.

Fossil "Maddox Flat": I'm a fan of the buckle and the cute green shade.


Born "Daffodil": While I really, really like the coral, I love the green. I've either admired these before or maybe even tried them on, because they look really familiar to me. Sometimes I try on these types of shoes with the scrunched backing hoping they will solve my slipping problem; they don't. :(

Cole Haan, "Air Maggy Ballet": This blue is BEAUTIFUL. I love jewel tones and these would be perfect for an MTSU game. Forget for a moment that there's no way these shoes would fit, because alas, even if they did, they still cost $153.95 through Zappos. Curse you feet, and curse you expensive taste!
In addition to having listed these from least favorite to favorite, they also just happened to be listed from least expensive to most expensive. Huh. Figures. But with these it does not matter, because they will not fit. Here's hoping I have better luck when I hit the stores!
Any other girls out there who share shoe woes with me? Brian, isn't is much easier being a guy than a girl?
3 comments:
sometimes you just have to splurge for the expensive shoe! think about how much you wear the shoes and figure up the actual cost per wear ... sometimes that's a better way to look at it!
hey, guys have issues, too . . . like, uh . . . you know . . . which pair of sneakers to wear? yeah, i guess you have a point. :)
also, i love your shoe-and-slide picture at the top. great colors and comp!
I just hate shoes cuz I wear about a 9.5 or 10, so everything that is cute, doesn't come in my size! But I agree.. flats are so comfortable.
Post a Comment