Wednesday, March 16, 2011

American Idol: Top 12

My real time thoughts...

Naima: Yikes.
Paul: I still don't get you.
(Upon a second listen: It actually sounded decent, Paul. (I was distracted during his performance) I actually kind of like it.)
Thia: I actually heard potential in your vocal this time, but as Randy said, there was nothing unique or special about it.
James: Not his best... a little pitchy. But definitely more fun and better than the previous three performers.
Haley: Liked some of it, disliked some of it...
Stefano: My favorite performance of yours EVER. Best vocal of the night as well (so far).
Pia: I wasn't sure at first, but those high notes sold me. She's consistently solid.
(Upon a second listen: WOW.)
Scotty: Pretty good. I liked this performance pretty well for Scotty because it wasn't so twangy.
Karen: Not your best, but a step up from last week.
Casey: I think you're becoming my favorite. I do agree with J.Lo that some of it was screechy, but I still loved it.
Lauren: You have the flu? I'm impressed! Definitely better than last week as well.
Jacob: A little pitchy in places but overall pretty good.

Other than some rough spots in the first half of the show, the competition is heating up. I predict that Naima is heading home tomorrow.

No comments: