Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hung Up

Yesterday we made a huge accomplishment in our home: we hung pictures! We actually had a couple up already, a small one in the guest bathroom I hung myself one day and a photo collage my dad hung up in the living room for us one time, but otherwise we were lacking. We actually did not even own anything to hang until Christmas (minus a print we have that still needs to be framed), when Garrett's mom got us this piece:

Then of course I have shared about my big wedding canvas that I did not know what to do with, and then a few weeks ago I was browsing Pier One and found this:
What I love about this piece is that it actually has texture instead of it just being a flat picture. Plus it was a price that I agreed with so I had to get it! And now it and the Shaw picture have found a home in our living room:

This is seriously the best photo I have of the arrangement, even though it's pretty craptastic. Sorry, but hopefully you get the idea.

As for the wedding canvas, it found its home in the hallway...

(Again, bad picture but best I got)

I love having it there. It's visible but out of the way, and doesn't look too big or pretentious in its spot after all. Success! Now I just need to find a great beach picture for our bedroom (at a good price). Canvas on Demand has a sister website Great Big Canvas that sells stock photos as canvas, framed photos, etc., and a lot are panoramics, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. But I have to say I found the perfect landscape for any New York lover:

It can be just one big canvas, I just liked the look of it as three.

Anyone have a favorite picture in their home? Or a picture they're looking for? Or a favorite place to buy or find artwork?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I've told you, but I love your wall color. And the new "Shaw" piece is great.

Also a fan of that New York print.

I've got this old map of London that I got from my great aunt's stuff. That may top the list. As far as finding stuff, I like thrifted/original things or doing the art myself.

Anna W. said...

i love that location-- it's perfect!

i have a couple of pictures that i really like. one of these days i'll post some pictures of our house to share them!

Amy Anne said...

I agree, I think its a perfect place for the pictures! The one of the wedding day is perfect there! And that new york print! AMAZING! I like the three too! Groupon (depending on the area you search) has been having amazing deals on canvas prints if you want to do any more. Just ones of nature or something, since you like doing photography so much!

Amy Anne said...

you know what i just realized.. I never commented on the "shaw" photo! It's really awesome! Wanda did a great job!

Anna W. said...

I really like the red, too. It's actually the only color in our house (the rest is a cream/taupe)!