Yesterday I found myself reading in some old high school journals. Reading my journals from back then provides for me a strange range of emotions - from amusement to nostalgia to embarrassment to fascination. Sometimes I had really profound thoughts, and sometimes I was caught in worrying about petty drama. I thought to myself as I was reading these journals, Wow, I was so weird, and then laughed and realized, I'll probably say the same thing years down the road about the way I am now. It's interesting... and amazing... the stages of life we go through.
I really like something Elizabeth does. Almost every week she sets aside the time to write an anonymous letter to someone she cares about, either someone she is close to or used to be close to. I think it's interesting, and important, to think about people who have had an impact on our lives. I really love to tell people what they mean to me, but rarely do it. I wrote a letter to Garrett the other night, just because, and something about it was just so refreshing. I love to write and I also love to encourage, the latter which seems to be a lost art form in my life.
Where are you going? Where have you been?
Two important questions to consider. And pretty much the best/worst short story ever written.
1 comment:
you should do it! correspondence tuesday has really made me evaluate my friendships and reflect on some great and not so great memories. some of them are REALLY hard to write and some of them flow immediately. it's something i really enjoy doing even after over 3 months.
Post a Comment