Monday, July 28, 2008

The Plans We Make and The Plans We Don't

People keep asking me how the wedding planning is going, and I don't know how to respond. I mean, it's going good, I guess. I feel like I haven't done much, but I have so many ideas. I've been planning for this day for a long time, and now I am just deciding what will actually work the best and being inspired for new ideas as well. Other than booking vendors and buying my dress, I feel like there isn't much I can't do until closer to time. I always keep my eyes open for things that I might want/need (by the way, if you ever see a good deal on the sort of vases you would use for floating candles let me know!).

I am enjoying collecting ideas right now. One night I sketched out how I might want the reception layout to look, but I'll probably change my mind. I'm weighing options in my mind and figuring things out. I feel that I'm on the right track. I'm hoping the upcoming semester won't be too crazy so I can get a lot accomplished before spring hits (but I'm also hoping the spring semester won't be bad either).

Speaking of which, I hope my semester works out. As of right now I am signed up for an "advanced seminar," one of the two required for me to graduate, but it only has four people in it right now! I really, really don't want the class to get dropped, because I desperately do not want to sign up for either of the other two seminars, which means I would have to take two in the spring, which would be hectic and not fun. Ugh. I'm trying to not worry about it.

I went to my eye doctor today. I assumed it was to get my vision checked and to follow up on my eye condition and make sure things had not gotten worse. Well, after they dilated my pupils and the doctor took a look at them he was like, "Oh, we should have scheduled you for glaucoma testing before this appointment. We'll need to get you in for that as soon as possible." Considering that my August is really busy, this was not good news.

And then when Mom and I went out to make appointments, Mom was like, "We thought she was getting her vision checked...?". So then they realized, yes, I was supposed to. So we go back in a room and start that process. After a while, the girl doing it realized that the dilation was severely messing with my eyes because I was having a TERRIBLE time seeing anything. So she said we would have to make another appointment for THAT.

So we go back out to try out the appointment thing again. Appointment #1: Vision check-up on Aug. 11, the day after I get back from Mississippi. Appointment #2: Glaucoma testing. I don't remember the day, but it's the only available time they had before school and it's at 7:30 in the morning. BLECH! Appointment #3: Here's interesting. I am supposed to have an appointment 11 months later to discuss the results of my testing from this August? Uh... I'm about 99.999% certain this does not make sense. Couldn't they just call me after the test and say, "hey everything's great" or "oh no you're going blind we need to operate!" sometime sooner than 11 months from now? I think appointment #3 was actually intended by my doc to be my next testing, which is followed up by appointment #4 to discuss the results and perhaps check my vision? I love my eye doctor but I think his staff is majorly confused. Not to mention that I feel odd about setting up appointments for a year from now when I know I am changing insurance because I am getting married (and I made this clear as well).

Oh well. I guess it will get figured out.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That's really weird that you have you set up an appoint 11 months down the road to get your results. I was tested for glaucoma in August of 2003 or 2004 and my appointment to discuss the results was in October. Hm.