How is it that you can prepare your whole life for your future, only to basically be told that's not good enough, and even though you're ready you have to wait? Why be penalized for thinking ahead your whole entire life? Excuse me for my maturity. Sorry I'm ready to move on to one phase of life now, and because I am about to enter it I would like to experience this other as well. Just because many have been irresponsible it doesn't mean I will, and you should be able to tell that I won't be if you look at my "track record." Grrrrr.... arrgggg...... uggggh!
Sorry that's really vague, but I don't want to be specific until a conclusion is reached. It's just the stupid economy...
And while I'm venting about the economy...
Why does my university think it's a good idea to build a parking garage whenever faculty and staff are going to be fired or suffer from a decrease in pay and departments are being eliminated or merged?! Talk about not spending your money wisely!
5 comments:
at least you'll get that housing tax cut when you and garrett buy your house?
i've heard about that mtsu business plan thing ... ugh ... how ridiculous.
have you talked to anyone from Midsouth Bank yet?
i hate to plug my workplace, but i would definitely schedule something with them.
I saw the comment you left on Lexie's status.
Unfortunately, that's just the way the cookie crumbles, but it's also understandable. I never mentioned it on my blog, but John and I almost bought a house back in October.
We learned two major things in that process: 1) When you go to get a loan, lenders look at what your income is THAT DAY. They don't care if you're going to be making twice your salary in three months. In their minds, you can wait another three months and then come talk to them if you want a bigger loan.
The second thing we found out(and this one really affected us more than anything) is the lenders look at your guaranteed income. Because John works in sales, a chunk (read: more than half) his income is from commissions. Because commissions are not guaranteed income, and because lenders are (once again) only looking at what your guaranteed income is THAT DAY, we weren't able to get a large enough loan (we could have gotten one to cover the cost of the house, but it needed some major renovating as well).
We were told that John has to be at his job for two years before they would sit down and look at our numbers again. It stinks, but we're thankful to have learned this NOW rather than a few years down the road.
When my brother and his wife got married, he was also told he had to be at his job two years before they'd give them a loan, and this was over three years ago. The odd thing about that is that his job was salary only.
It really isn't the end of the world, lol. Renting has allowed us to see what we do and don't want in a house, so that'll come in handy when we do buy.
ummm.. its not the economy. The deal with the economy is that you can buy an amazing house for limited money, because people don't have the money to buy, and the people selling are getting the short end of the deal. Also, the fact that there were lots of people who were building houses left and right, which caused in increase in the amount of homes for sale. This is reality: people don't want to give a loan out to college students, people without a steady income, whatever for fear that it won't get paid back. Its a valid point. Everyone is hurting with money these days, and just because you have money doesn't totally mean that you can actually do something with it. I am really sorry to hear about it though. Sometimes renting is a good thing.. and you always have his grandmothers house.
Ew. . . that is small! I understand. . . I told John that I didn't want to live somewhere if I didn't feel safe. Hopefully something will work out!
Post a Comment