
Jasmine

Megan

and Adam.
I remember all three from their initial auditions, and thought they were all great. However, after I watched a little bit last night and did homework about the rest of the show, I agreed with one blogger that said the three spots would go to Megan, Adam, and Allison:

I did not remember Allison from before but she gave an amazing performance last night. Jasmine, not so much.
Well, what happened tonight seemed predictable at first. Ryan told Allison she made it in. Yeah, we know. Then he narrowed it down from a group of four to between Megan and Kris. Wait... who's Kris?!

Well, he's cute and did a solid job last night, but he's no Megan. I know he's toast. I'm WRONG! He gets through! WHAT?! Then he sings again and I realize I kind of like him, but he's still not MEGAN! I am casting all my hopes into Megan being a part of the Wild Card race and winning a spot in the Top 12 because she deserves it.
Anyhow, and then Adam got the last spot and no one is surprised, though they attempted to give Simon and me a heart attack by having it between him and Nick, aka "Norman Gentle," the class clown of American Idol. Goodness.
Whoever chose how to distribute the American Idol finalists over these three weeks is officially an epic failure. Last week's group was mostly mediocre though there was some potential, this week has some pretty solid talent though not all of them showed it, and then next week is the "Who the heck are these people?!" week. With the exception of Scott (aka, "the blind guy"), the oh-so-annoying Nathaniel, Alex (who I barely remember but sort of remember only because he's kind of dorky, but in an endearing sort of way), Kristen (who survived a lot of drama), and Lil Rounds (who I actually don't remember, I just remember hearing about her)... I don't know who these people are! Out of 12, I've only heard of 5! Thank you, Hollywood week shows' editor, for managing to alienate half of the Top 36 from appearing on my TV screen.
So no telling what's happening next week, other than Scott will inevitably go through. From this week, I am going to guess Megan as a shoe-in choice for the Wild Card, with Jasmine and Matt as definite possibilities. I'll be interested to see who they choose from last week, but I think Ann Marie, Stevie, Ricky, and Anoop are all possibilities. But people say the show is rigged, so who really knows what will happen... as long as I don't have to see Nick and Tatiana again and Megan gets her groove back I'll be satisfied...
No comments:
Post a Comment