Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol Predictions

So I don't know if anyone who reads this watches American Idol, but I'm going to talk about it anyway. Last night the first 12 of the Top 36 performed, three of which will go through tonight (the top girl, the top guy, and the next highest voted), and then there will be a wild card race later, leaving a chance for the others. In case you didn't watch the show, here's a funny video recap:
http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/
and a blog recap that I mostly agree with:
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ilovetowatch/2009/02/american-idol-there-we-go.html

Here's what should happen tonight based on who actually performed the best:
Top Girl: Alexis Grace

Top Guy: Danny Gokey

Next Highest: Ricky Braddy

However, what will actually happen will probably differ. Grace and Danny I imagine will still get in, but Ricky has had very little screen time and people may forget him. America votes for personality as well, thus giving some of these others a chance at the third spot tonight or for the Wild Card as well:

Anoop Desai

Michael Sarver (who I honestly hope gets the Wild Card, because I just like him! And also, he has the dangerous job of oil rigging and needs a new gig!)

And possibly Ann Marie Boskovich, because she's pretty and likable, though her performance was undoubtedly worse than the previous two...

We'll see what happens!

1 comment:

rachael said...

i am hoping for danny! i figured it would come down to danny and tatiana. she did a good job last night, despite her over-the-top-dramatic-personality.... (commercial break).... and yay! i must say i am quite happy about the top 3 from this group! good predictions, amy!